Book Signing with Bobby Burgess
Disneyana, Disneyland® park
Put on your dancing shoes and join us in welcoming Mouseketeer, Entertainer and Author, Bobby Burgess to the Disneyland® Resort. Bobby will be on hand February 28, 2015 for a special appearance and signing of his book, Ears and Bubbles – Dancing My Way from The Mickey Mouse Club to The Lawrence Welk Show, at Disneyana from 9-11a.m. in Disneyland® park. Be sure to stop by and say hello and pick up a copy of his book.
About the Book
Bobby Burgess, known to generations of fans as a Mouseketeer on the original Mickey Mouse Club and then as a dancing star on The Lawrence Welk Show, recounts his eventful life in this official autobiography full of humorous, heartwarming tales and behind-the-scenes showbiz stories.
You’ll meet Bobby’s fellow Mouseketeers as well as the all-important people in back of the Mouse-ka-Camera, including Mrs. Seaman, who taught the Mouseketeers in the Red Schoolhouse on the Studio lot between film shoots and rehearsals, and “Jack the Clanker”, whose romantic designs on Annette Funicello brought out the beast in her protective parents.
Then, Bobby takes you from the Mouse to the Maestro, from the “ears” to the “bubbles”, as he becomes one of the leading performers on The Lawrence Welk Show, and shares his memorable encounters with the Hollywood elite, his fellow Welk dancers and musicians, and the often eccentric fans who enlivened the show’s national tours.
In Ears & Bubbles, you’ll share the feel-good moments of Bobby’s life, including:
- Skyrocketing to fame on the Mickey Mouse Club, and how rock ‘n’ roll was instrumental in getting Bobby his ears
- Landing a lifetime gig on the Lawrence Welk Show, and how Welk built an empire on the basis of a handshake and family values
- Finding success as a businessman with the Burgess Cotillions, and enjoying new happiness as a father and grandfather
- Bobby’s poignant, final meetings with his two showbiz fathers, Walt Disney and Lawrence Welk
- Plus over four dozen photos from Bobby’s personal albums
Put on your ears—and your dancing shoes—and join Bobby Burgess on a family-friendly, up-tempo journey from ears to bubbles!